20.9.06

i live
in illusions;
out of cartons
of boxed dreams.

**

i would like to indulge in a splurge of words. i would like them to evaporate in my mouth, melt into my tongue like warm cheese. i want their smells to get trapped in my hair, like the smell of bread in the oven. i will slice them with my fork, pick at them with my fingers and mix them in a gravy of sentences, garnished by punctuation. i will pick out the looming capital letters, and pack wondrous vowels in consonants and exclamations. i will then bake them into stories that i will never tell, and pat them into songs that i will ever only sing in the shower.
and then, for dessert, i will pack them away in boxes and sell them to little children on the road.

**

she sneezed out
the story
in a rush
of phlegm,

and i could only think
of how much good
warm soup
would do her.

**

dear master of jacks,
do tell me how
you manage juggling
only one task.

**

one constant circle the clown was juggling
with invisible eyes, a red nose,
disappearing colours, laughing children,
dynamic worlds and
perfect delivery.
how!

2 comments:

psychacid said...

Nice.

Sita said...

psychacid: thenkya!