27.11.06

i will try this,
one more time.

moving, superficially,
from
word
to
word

i scan my thoughts
for something to say.

there is nothing.

i wait for that energy
to gush through my fingers;
that urge to write,
to sweep through
the magic of fantasy
and definition.

i see nothing

but empty fields
of green, wet grass.
a bird is flying low
looking for a worm
to feed its
hungry, new-borns.

a black juicy worm
peeks out of its home
to nourish another's.

i hear nothing.

not that song i was singing,
not the baby that was crying,
not the movie that is playing.

i shall end this,
dissatisfied
with my baseless attempt
at playing with my fingers.

i think i must cut my nails.

do excuse me,
i ramble
because i have nothing to say
and am forcing myself to.

i fear
i might forget
how.

2 comments:

Arcane Crapper said...

WAH WAH!!

Shravan Narula said...

I can see, plain and clear
A similarity...

Mark!
Bend not your back backwards to yesterday
Propel towards being!

These words have left you
For it is time now

To be
Poetry