5.3.13

if i were a bukowski poem

would you like me to draw the shades, mr. chinaski?

the man with the pack
on the sidewalk in the sun
is about to disappear
and the neighbours are fighting
in their perfect home about their
perfect lives.

would you like me to draw the shades, mr. chinaski?

there's very little money
no job no love no sex
the hands of the clock
are moving slowly enough
for me to see
loneliness.
 
would you like me to draw the shades, mr. chinaski?

it's a bright sunny day
high noon
and all i want is
a shot of whisky
and some quiet.

would you like me to draw the shades, mr. chinaski?

1 comment:

Sita said...

References have been made here to -

On the Sidewalk and in the Sun
("I have seen an old man around town recently
carrying an enormous pack.")


the crunch
("there is a loneliness in this world so great
that you can see it in the slow movement of
the hands of a clock")

i was glad
("I was glad I had money in the Savings and Loan
Friday afternoon hungover
I didn't have a job)