15.1.14

day 2

Delhi threw up a surprise sunny day yesterday, and like any good Delhi people, we spent it sitting on terraces and around monuments. (It's foggy again this morning, and lots of peacocks are strutting around my hostel, but my phone camera isn't good enough for any of them.)

Pongal Lunch at Andhra Bhavan, where the waiters lectured us about "Sona Masoori rice from Andhra brought in Lorry" and hit on everything that speaks Telugu (me). 


Tea at Blue Door Cafe, on the terrace. There's also an art gallery with a sun roof on the floor below, but I forgot to take pictures.



Isa Khan's Tomb, post-restoration. So it might look like paint, but it's actually lime (processed in the same way they did in the 16th century - we are assured it will fade soon, but where's the charm if it doesn't), intricate Jaali work and salvaged tiles. Also, please notice the sun! (That's what made me happiest, obviously.)


3 comments:

Prabha Mohan said...

You are being too delicious for my happiness.

Prabha Mohan said...

You are being too delicious for my happiness.

Sita said...

YOU are too happy for my deliciousness.